Summer MGOCSM Conferences
Blessings to our Vicars, Assistant Vicars, and faithful of the Northeast American Diocese, especially our MGOCSM members,
As the summer begins, we wish to share with our clergy and faithful of the summer conferences that are being coordinated by the MGOCSM of our Diocese.
Attached to this memo, we have provided information, and flyers on the upcoming MGOCSM summer conferences in the different areas of our Diocese. We direct our clergy to be present, and offer their support. We request the parents, and FOCUS members to offer their encouragement to our MGOCSM members to actively participate in these conferences.
We offer our gratitude to our Vice President, Reverend Father Aju Philip Mathews, MGOCSM General Secretary, Mrs. Ponnu John-Varghese, all the spiritual advisors and MGOCSM Council members who are actively catering to the spiritual needs of our youth.
Let us continue work together to strengthen the spiritual lives of our young people throughout the Diocese.
May the blessings and mercies of God Almighty be showered upon us.
Yours in our Lord,
Zachariah Nicholovos, Metropolitan
MGOCSM of the Northeast American Diocese – Summer Conference Schedule
MGOCSM of Toronto
MGOCSM of Philadelphia - Hadootho
- Date/Time: Friday, July 1st (1:30 PM) to Saturday, July 2nd
- Venue: St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Toronto, Canada
- Speaker: Rev. Dn. Kuriakose (Alex) Abraham
- Theme: Stewardship of God’s Creation
- Verse: "In all things I have shown you that so toiling one must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said,'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35
- View Flyer
MGOCSM of Northern NY/Boston/Connecticut & Brooklyn/Queens/Long Island
- Date/Time: July 6th to July 9th
- Venue: Villanova University
- Speaker: Rev. Dn. Arun Varghese & Seminarian Shawn Thomas
- Theme: See, Hear, Witness
- Verse: "For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard." Acts 22:15
- View Flyer
MGOCSM of New Jersey/Staten Island - Camp of the Chosen
MGOCSM of Washington D.C/Maryland/Virginia
- Date/Time: Friday, August 12th (9 AM - 5 PM) to Saturday, August 13th (10 AM - 5 PM)
- Venue: St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Elmont, NY
- Speaker: Rev. Dn Levon Asdourian & Seminarian Bobby Varghese
- Theme: Witness His Joy
- Verse: "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every
weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before
us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him
endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
- Date/Time: Friday, August 12th (4:30 PM-8:30 PM) to Saturday, August 13th (8:30 AM-4:30 PM)
- Venue: St. Gregorios Orthodox Church, Silver Spring, MD
- Speaker: Seminarian George Ninan
- Theme: "Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin" St. Augustine
- Verse: "I have not come to call the righteous, but the sinners to repentance" Luke 5:32
The Northeast American Diocese accepts news releases and articles. The suggested length is 400 words, but submissions of
any length will be considered. Submissions may be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that e-mailed articles should be pasted or typed into the body of the message; please do not send attachments.
We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three business days if we are going to publish your article.
If you have not heard from us within three business days, please assume that we will not be able to publish your article.